Our community has been through so much over the last year. As Alberta is threatened with a 3rd wave of COVID-19, we remain vigilant in providing our community with access to safe dental services. We are open for our regular business hours including evenings and weekends. All routine and emergency dental services are currently available. While many things have changed, our commitment to your safety hasn’t. We are committed to meeting or exceeding all Alberta Dental Association and Alberta Health Services guidelines and regulations for patient safety.
Infection control has always been and will always remain our top priority. The COVID-19 pandemic has required some additional steps to protect our patients and staff alike. You may notice the following:
1. There will be some screening questions before your appointment and may be repeated again when you arrive at the clinic.
2. Our waiting room will have reduced number of seats and no longer offer magazines. The coffee machine will not be available. The children’s games area will also be closed. It may be necessary to wait in your vehicle until we are ready for you.
3. Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between clients. That can result in you being offered fewer options for scheduling appointments. Please practice social distancing (2M or 6 feet) in the reception area.
4. We will have a questionnaire and consent form to fill out prior to each appointment. You can receive this via text or e-mail and complete it prior to arriving at the clinic to expedite the check-in process. Except for very young children or patients who require assistance, we ask that patients are not accompanied to the treatment area. Anyone accompanying them will also be required to fill out the health questionnaire and consent form.
5. We will take the forehead temperature for all patients. We also do this for all staff twice daily.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. At this time we ask that you call to make an appointment instead of in person to reduce the number of people in the reception area as well as to allow us to screen your health prior to arriving.
We value your loyalty, trust and understanding while we look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbours and friends. Thank you for your patience as we navigate the changes that COVID-19 has brought to dentistry.