Our community has been through so much over the last 2 years. Through all the ever changing rules guiding Alberta’s COVID-19 response, we remain vigilant in providing our community with access to safe dental services. We are open for our regular business hours including evenings and weekends. All routine and emergency dental services are currently available. While many things have changed, our commitment to your safety hasn’t. We are committed to meeting or exceeding all Alberta Dental Association and Alberta Health Services guidelines and regulations for patient safety.
Infection control has always been and will always remain our top priority. The COVID-19 pandemic has required some additional steps to protect our patients and staff alike. You may notice the following:
1. There will be some screening questions before your appointment and may be repeated again when you arrive at the clinic.
2. Our waiting room will have reduced number of seats and no longer offer magazines. We still recommend the masking while in the reception area but it is no longer mandatory.
3. Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between clients. That can result in you being offered fewer options for scheduling appointments. Please practice social distancing (2M or 6 feet) in the reception area.
4. We will have a questionnaire and consent form to fill out prior to each appointment. You can receive this via text or e-mail and complete it prior to arriving at the clinic to expedite the check-in process. Except for very young children or patients who require assistance, we ask that patients are not accompanied to the treatment area. Anyone accompanying them will also be required to fill out the health questionnaire and consent form.
5. Our staff are vaccinated and monitored daily with temperature checks before work.
Even as the province is lifting many restrictions, as health care facility we have always been subject to higher standards of cleanliness and infection control. We will be in consultation with the Alberta Dental Association, the College of Alberta Dental Assistants, the College of Registered Dental Hygienists, and Alberta Health Services to ensure that we comply with or exceed all guidelines.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. At this time we ask that you call to make an appointment instead of in person to reduce the number of people in the reception area as well as to allow us to screen your health prior to arriving.
We value your loyalty, trust and understanding and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbours and friends. Thank you for your patience as we navigate the changes that COVID-19 has brought to dentistry.